Sunday, November 9, 2008

Simple Things

Sometimes simplest songs are the most beautful. I wrote one tonight.. .one that reminded me that nothing can separate me from the love of my God. This was one of those songs soothed. Where would we be without soothing, without comfort in this world? Two hands and a voice, four chords ...what amazing tools we have been given!

It's just been one of those weeks. We've all been sick, stomach flu sick, and we are all tired. My 7 year old stood over the toilet for another go round and asked, "I prayed to stop throwing up. Why doesn't God answer prayer right away?" I really didn't have a good answer because boy, don't I have things I would love to have answers for right away.

Tonight, I sat down to play and I wanted to do something different, snazzy, catchy, and all that could be coaxed from these tired fingers were slow block chords..then the words came. "I am convinced that neither life nor death, can separate us from the love of God." That felt good so I repeated it. Then just a simple haunting Oh....We don't need the quick answers. We just need to know that we are loved....

Well, for those of you who want to hear it, you know where I live :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home