Sunday, November 2, 2008

Beauty and the Mundane, The Arftul Life

I've been thinking about this beauty thing lately...pondering the beauty around me, and how this beauty is a refection of a beautiful creative God. I'm reading a book by Andi Ashworth called "Real Love for Real Life". She says,



"One of the ways God's image is reflected in us is through our need for beauty. We were created to love the beautiful. Beauty gives pleasure to the senses, lifts the mind and spirit, and brings us to a place of longing for the Creator of all beauty."



Much of what God made is never seen by the human eye, yet He made it and called it good. When I contemplate this, it helps me to see the value in the many small ways that I can bring beauty to bear in my life and the lives of those who are in my sphere of contact.



Beauty can be integrated into all aspects of my life, not just my "art". I find that if I can approach my homemaking, caregiving role as lover of beauty and not just a "home manager" with a maintaining mindset, I start to find beauty in those many menial tasks. Cleaning becomes clearing out the chaos, laundering becomes about scents and crisp lines, cooking becomes more than just another occasion the dirty the kitchen. These tasks can become acts of art amidst daily life, and not just the mundane. Will I always enjoy making music more than making a roast...pretty much...YES, but it does help!

1 Comments:

At November 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Erich Richter said...

but roasts are pretty beautiful in their own way....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home